Conference Update- Only two weeks to go!
The NZFSS Conference is 2 weeks away and we wanted to take this time to send
you some updated information.
- If you have not yet registered, it’s not too late, go to:
· - Download the latest Conference Programme at:
· - A highlight of the programme is the ‘Limits Workshop’. The workshop
will offer participants the opportunity to do some thinking together,
hearing from peers involved in change at the regional and national level,
about how we might find ourselves doing our science differently and relating
differently with others, when the community in its widest sense is fully
part of, and not apart from, the processes of water management. This
workshop is included in the full registration, if you want to attend the
Thursday only a day registration applies ($210 for members). See the
- The conference has an exciting line-up of social functions through-out the
week, including the conference dinner on Thurs 6 Dec, with a fancy dress
theme ‘Beyond the Limits’. For details and costume hire places see:
- The Royal Society are kindly sponsoring a student registration, all
students will go in the draw to win their registration fee back and this
will be drawn at the Student Mixer on Tues 4 Dec.
- Conference Fun Run. Take in the sights of Dunedin while pounding your feet
on the pavement. The NZFSS conference fun run is a 4.4km route that includes
the stunning University of Otago campus and picturesque Dunedin Botanic
gardens. The run starts and ends on the Otago Museum lawn (see map at
If you are interested, please email email@example.com for which time
suits…timing of event will be based on numbers preferring either time.
- Wednesday morning 7:30 to 8:30 am or
- Wednesday afternoon 8 to 9pm
If you require further information, please visit the conference website
http://www.nzfssconference.co.nz or contact the conference organiser:
Lea Boodee, onCue Conferences
Ph: 03 5466330
We look forward to seeing you in Dunedin.
Gerry Closs (on behalf of the Dunedin Conference Organising Committee)